c[ode]clap»Forums
Ryan
26 posts
Clarification of mantis bt roadmap release date
Edited by Ryan on Reason: Initial post
Hi,
It's been some months since the last release of codeclap and I'm anxiously awaiting the new release.
I was looking at codeclap's roadmap: https://issues.codeclap.cc/roadmap_page.php and was wondering if it were possible to update the scheduled release dates. I understand maybe a specific date might not be possible, but perhaps stating a week, e.g. 09/16/2019 -- 09/23/2019
Thanks
spx
148 posts / 1 project
Edited by spx on
RyanEdward
Hi,
It's been some months since the last release of codeclap and I'm anxiously awaiting the new release.
I was looking at codeclap's roadmap: https://issues.codeclap.cc/roadmap_page.php and was wondering if it were possible to update the scheduled release dates. I understand maybe a specific date might not be possible, but perhaps stating a week, e.g. 09/16/2019 -- 09/23/2019
Thanks

Hi Ryan,

both the "Change Log" and the "Roadmap" pages are autogenerated content and thus the quality depends on the data I enter into the tickets, versions etc.
While I generally make sure that the Changelog looks reasonable because I use this data for the releases, the Roadmap is kind of messy because of the way I use ".x" versions without a release date (I think the current date may be from the day of creating those versions). So the only real way of getting a picture of the coming progress is by looking at the status of the individual tickets, sorry for that.

I appreciate your question because the next update should've already be done but got hold back quite a lot due to having to move twice and other work obligations. I understand that the lack of up-to-date information (except for the changes in the issue tracker) isn't that satisfying. After 1.0 I will look into making better use of a fixed per-version schedule to provide a better roadmap.

So tldr; unfortunately no release date yet (even in weeks) but I will update here as soon as the schedule is back on track and I have a better timeline.
spx
148 posts / 1 project
For further development I will make sure to keep the roadmap in sync with the changelog. The release dates however may still change quite a bit but the planned set of changes and current progress should be clearer.